Cleaning the oven is hands down one of the worst jobs on my cleaning to do list, and I will be honest - it quite often stays at the bottom! That being said I have put together a few top tips to make the job a little easier.
You will need:
• ½ a cup of Vinegar
• 1 cup of Baking Soda
• Old newspaper
• Wonder Scrub
• Stainless steel wire sponge
• Aluminium foil
• Dishwasher tablet
• Warm water
• Dishwashing liquid.
Follow these simple tips:
1. Put newspaper on the floor under the oven.
2. Remove all racks and trays.
3. Wrap the racks in tin foil and leave overnight submerged in the bath with a dishwashing tablet. You will be amazed at the results, once you unwrap them in the morning any dirt and grease will slide off very easily, no scrubbing required - squeaky clean and very little effort. Wipe them dry.
We would recommend using our Wonder Scrub or alternatively make a paste with baking soda, water and a splash of Washing Up Liquid and apply it to the sides and base of the oven. If you have time, leave overnight. If not leave for 15-30 mins. Spray the oven with a solution of vinegar and warm water then take a damp cloth and wipe away. You may need to take out the wire sponge and put in a bit of elbow grease, and add a bit of warm water if needed.
*Note: Make sure the oven is still slightly warm if you only have 15-30 mins - (not hot but still warm to touch) it is easier to clean off dirt when the oven is like this.
4. Next it is time to tackle the door. You may find that you have a door you can take apart that would allow you to clean the inside of the glass, but make sure to check the manufacturer’s guide for this.
5. Put a thin layer of Wonder Scrub or again the vinegar and baking soda paste. Leave for a few mins, then wipe clean with warm water.
Don’t forget to give the front of the door a good clean with soapy water and a microfibre cloth.
6. Put the oven back together and step back and admire your work.
***Top tip for making the clean last longer - when cooking take out the trays you aren’t using, this will stop them getting splashed with any grease.
Products we would recommend to help your oven clean:
Washing up liquid: