You've tackled the cupboard under the sink, got rid of all your toxic products and replaced them with plant-based and natural alternatives to make your cleaning experience a healthier one...but what’s next? Well, if you want to up your eco-friendly habits then it may be time to level up and implement some of these amazing natural cleaning hacks into your routine. Trust us, they’re so good that you’ll wish you knew about them sooner
Five Natural Cleaning Hacks You'll Wish You Knew Before
Buff Your Steel Surfaces With Olive Oil
This one sounds messy, right? But while you’re in the kitchen cooking up a storm, did you know that the same olive oil you cook with can actually buff your stainless steel surfaces to near perfection?
- Use a soft microfibre cloth, move in circular motions and watch those dirty marks come away.
- You could also use on taps, shower heads and anything else with a metallic finish. (Alternatively, you could also try our Wonder Scrub which works on harder areas like the greasy hobs and on things like limescale too. You’ll find that a bit of Wonder Scrub makes light work of the really tricky jobs.)
Make Your Own Natural Glass Cleaner
If you’re looking for natural cleaning hacks that might be strong enough to clean glass (think mirrors and windows) then you can make your own version easily with things you’ll likely already have in your kitchen cupboard.
- Take white vinegar, distilled water and add some essential oils of your choice and mix together to create the perfect glass cleaner. Spray all over and buff away.
- Affordable, easy and all natural.
Essential Oils Can Make Your Microwave Sparkle
Did you know that 10 drops of lemon essential oil into half a cup of water will make your microwave look good as new in no time?
- Add the mixture to a microwaveable container and heat on high for 5 minutes and voila! The steam will fill the microwave and condense on stubborn marks and gradually pull them away.
- After the timer is up just use a soft cloth or sponge to buff and you’ll be looking at a sparkly clean microwave again.
Remove Unwanted Odours With a DIY Solution
Ever felt like you need some natural cleaning hacks to help with your soft furnishings? Well our favourite is a simple DIY solution of vinegar, water and your choice of essential oil (something like lavender is beautiful.
- Spray liberally all over.
- Once dry, use your vacuum to finish and all bad odours will be gone.
- This works on sofas, carpets, cushions and anything else you can think of.
Clean Your Bin With Lemons
As nature’s own antibacterial, lemons are great at killing bacterial cell membranes thanks to their acidic content. Working like a natural bleach and as an antiseptic, lemons also have vitamin C which is useful as an antioxidant too. Lemons offer their own natural cleaning hacks for most things!
- This means that cleaning things like your bin and even your toilets are effective with a little lemon! You’ll have a fresher looking and smelling bin in no time.
- Alternatively, you can use our Rosemary, Lemon and Juniper Berry Bathroom Cleanedrwhich works just as well on your bin too and also has added rosemary for deeper cleansing properties.
So those are our favourite and most used natural cleaning hacks for creating a high quality clean without any nasties in your home. We highly recommend trying them out as we’re sure you’ll be impressed with how well they work for products without any chemicals or toxins!